Not much wind but a mist of rain did give us some decent times today in Newtownards..The famous cup this year went to Paul Kennedy from the Newcastle West club Southern Ireland. His time of 53 minutes dead was good enough to take the Cup with him back home to Limerick. You have to admire such committment as driving 5 hours to get to the race is some distance to travel ! 21 testers at the Portaferry Rd start at the airfield entrance with some big names of the game present..Greg Swinand ( Viner- Pactimo) had his sights on the cup but a mechanical forced him to abandoned the 25 TT and ex winner Ian Inglis (3th today) and the poulidor of the weekend Lindsay Watson (Powerhouse Sport Team) second, this after his second yesterday in the John Beggs 18, hence the pou pou slang..lol A few hardy supporters at the finish line shouting the riders home, that included hand cyclists and won by Darrell Erwin who took a minute of his rival Jim Corbett (Banbridge CC) Provisional results courtesy of Ards CC (25 miles TT)
- Paul Kennedy (Newcastle West Limerick) 53m.00s.
- Lindsay Watson (Powerhouse Sport) 53m.15s.
- Ian Inglis (Black Rose Racing) 54m.47s.
- John Madden (Inspired Cycling) 55m.46s.
- Stephen Colbert ( Colbert Cycles GB) 56m.18s.
- Keith Phillips (NDCC) 56m.27s.
- Liam Dolan (Cuchulainn CC) 56m.38s.
- John Rafferty ( First Ards CC) 56m.39s. Photos of David Mc Veigh(BP Media) on https://www.flickr.com/photos/thebelgianproject/albums/72157672217554808 First Lady: Eileen Burns (Ballymena RC) 58m.43s. First Hand Cyclist: Darrell Erwin (Ballymena RC) 1h.26m.22s.